New Hall Porcelain Teapot Lid Dolls House Pattern No. 1084 c 1812
An early 19th century, circa 1812, teapot lid decorated with the "Dolls House" pattern number 1084. This is a New Hall Porcelain Company version of the original which was produced by Spode from 1803. The Spode version has the roof on the left coloured in blue whereas this is red.
This lid which is roughly rectangular in shape with rounded corner and domed top was from a London shape teapot and is approximately 4 inches (10 cm) long by 3 inches ( 7.5 cm) wide. The widest point of the inner locating rim width is 62.5 mm and the length 85.4 mm. It weighs of 95 grammes unpacked.
Item condition: Very good antique condition. There is some very minor wear to the enamel on the blue gable of the house. A frit on the lid and on the underside, some bone china staining on the locating rim. No teapot body with this lid. Please see the images.
This is a good items to add to any collection of New Hall ceramics, antique English early 19th century, Georgian porcelain.
Free UK postage with this item International delivery at cost.
For a similarly shaped item please see:
Plate 1123 of page 188 of A Directory of British Teapots by Michael berthoud and Richard Maskell.